What is the best fisheye lens for Canon?
Here are some of the top fisheye lenses for Canon cameras:
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens: This lens offers both circular and full-frame fisheye options, and is a great choice for both still photography and video. It’s a high-quality, professional-grade lens that offers excellent image quality.
- Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Lens: This lens is a popular option for Canon users who are looking for an affordable fisheye lens. It offers a 180-degree field of view and is well-suited for creative photography.
- Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye Lens: This is another affordable fisheye lens that offers a wide 180-degree field of view. It’s a manual-focus lens, which may not be ideal for all users, but it’s a great option for those on a budget.
Ultimately, the best fisheye lens for Canon will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Consider factors such as image quality, price, and focal length when choosing a lens.
Why do photographers use fisheye lens?
Photographers use fisheye lenses for a variety of reasons, primarily to create unique and creative images with a very wide field of view. Here are some reasons why photographers use fisheye lenses:
- Wide-angle perspective: Fisheye lenses offer an extremely wide-angle perspective, typically around 180 degrees or more. This can be useful for capturing sweeping landscapes, cityscapes, or other large scenes that would not fit into a standard lens’s field of view.
- Distortion and creative effects: Fisheye lenses are known for their distinctive barrel distortion, which can create interesting and creative effects in photographs. For example, a fisheye lens can make straight lines appear curved or create a “bubble” effect in the center of an image.
- Unique compositions: Fisheye lenses can offer a unique perspective that can make ordinary scenes look more interesting or dynamic. Photographers can use the lens to capture unusual angles or to emphasize certain elements in the scene.
- Astrophotography: Fisheye lenses are also commonly used for astrophotography, as they can capture a wide swath of the night sky and create striking images of the stars, Milky Way, or other celestial objects.
Overall, fisheye lenses are a creative tool that can offer a unique perspective and help photographers to create distinctive images.