855 Area Code
The 855 area code is a toll-free area code that is used in the United States, Canada, and some parts of the Caribbean. Here are some key things to know about the 855 area code.
As businesses continue to expand their reach across the United States and Canada, having a location-based area code may not always be the best option. For instance, a customer from New York may be hesitant to call a Vancouver-based number due to the long-distance charges. Similarly, a San Francisco area code may make your business seem distant and unapproachable to customers located in other parts of North America.
Fortunately, with an 855 area code, your business can overcome this challenge and expand your reach beyond your local area.
Just like remote teams and VoIP phones, 855 numbers are not associated with any particular city or region. This means that your business can attract customers from all over North America, irrespective of your location. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of using an 855 area code for your business and how to get one.
What is the 855 Area Code?
The 855 area code is a toll-free area code that was introduced in 2010 as part of an expansion of the North American Numbering Plan (NANP). Toll-free numbers, which include numbers with the 855 area code, allow callers to reach businesses and organizations without incurring long-distance charges.
Who Uses the 855 Area Code?
The 855 area code is used by a variety of businesses and organizations, including companies in the healthcare, financial, and hospitality industries. Toll-free numbers are often used for customer service, technical support, and sales.
How to Dial an 855 Number
To dial a number with the 855 area code, simply enter the toll-free number into your phone’s keypad. There is no need to enter any additional digits or codes.
Pros and Cons of the 855 Area Code
There are several pros and cons to using an area code for your business or organization. Here are a few to consider:
- Toll-free numbers with the area code can help businesses appear more professional and established.
- Toll-free numbers can be easier for customers to remember than local numbers.
- Toll-free numbers can help businesses attract customers from a wider geographic area.
- Toll-free numbers with the 855 area code can be more expensive for businesses to maintain than local numbers.
- Toll-free numbers can be associated with telemarketers and spam calls, which may deter some customers from answering calls from toll-free numbers.
- Toll-free numbers may not be available in all areas or for all phone service providers.
The area code is a toll-free area code that is used by businesses and organizations in the United States, Canada, and some parts of the Caribbean. While there are pros and cons to using a toll-free number with the 855 area code, it can be a valuable tool for businesses looking to establish a professional and accessible image for their customers.
You can also check out my post on 856 area code.